Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CLUELESS....( computer running slow)

• Please log in to reply

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
For a Firewall, I suggest you download either Sygate or Zone Alarm, both are free and are very good.

Fenor

Advertisements

scottish cougar

scottish cougar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Hi fenor
:blink: Thanks for your reply i have downloaded and installed it sys.gate firewall is there anything i should do to set it up. while installing it. I was asked if sys.gate personal firewall and at the same time windows genuine advantage notification ( wga tray .exe ) is trying to connect to go.microsoft.com (207.46.250.1.0.1 using remote port 80 and then Ndis user mode 1/0 driver (ndisuio.sys being contacted from remote 92.168.01 using port 1028 Atw protocol driver (atwpk2.sys) is being contacted from 192.168.01 using port 1028 then aol service host.exe is trying to connect to aol.com 205.188.69.61 using port 5190 and then Aol connectivity service aol Acsd.exe + reachability 205.188.130.216 using port 80 and then WGA.207.46.250.101 using port 80 and internet explorer using port 80 - 64.236.46.111 my question here is this normal and will these ports be open for these programs always. Thank you very much for helping me

scottish cougar :whistling:

scottish cougar

scottish cougar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Hi fenor
:blink: Thanks for your help Could you help me answer the the questions on the above post so i know what ones to click on to make sure my settings are right. sorry for bumping

scottish cougar

scottish cougar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Hi fenor
Thanks for helping me before could you tell if this is what usally happen after the install this is a list of what happened.

I have downloaded and installed it sys.gate firewall is there anything i should do to set it up. while installing it. I was asked if sys.gate personal firewall and at the same time windows genuine advantage notification ( wga tray .exe ) is trying to connect to go.microsoft.com (207.46.250.1.0.1 using remote port 80 and then Ndis user mode 1/0 driver (ndisuio.sys being contacted from remote 92.168.01 using port 1028 Atw protocol driver (atwpk2.sys) is being contacted from 192.168.01 using port 1028 then aol service host.exe is trying to connect to aol.com 205.188.69.61 using port 5190 and then Aol connectivity service aol Acsd.exe + reachability 205.188.130.216 using port 80 and then WGA.207.46.250.101 using port 80 and internet explorer using port 80 - 64.236.46.111 my question here is this normal and will these ports be open for these programs always. Thank you very much for helping me

any advice would be great Thank you

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I don't use software firewalls because they are useless for me and only slow things down. Check the Sygate Firewall website for FAQ's and tutorials on how to allow connections through the program.

Fenor

inheritedhornet

inheritedhornet

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
zone alarm has a free firewall

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
you can get zone alarm firewall its free

http://www.zonelabs....sku_list_za.jsp

get it here