Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer restarting without reason

• Please log in to reply

arf

arf

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
A while back i tried overclocking my graphics card and did so without any problems or stability issues. Then, because of a virus, i had to reformat my whole hard drive and after that reformat my computer was unusable because if i used internet explorer or opened up a game, it would immediately restart or my computer would freeze. So i tried reformatting again and my computer seemed a lot better. I was playing Call of Duty 2 for about a week or two and then i opened the game one day and it restarted. Now everytime i open up COD2 it restarts. I am using the official updated NVIDIA driver. what could the problem be?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
In safe mode:

Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART

Now try running COD. This should result in a restart and then you should see the BSOD error once the computer restarts...report the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

also Do start > run > type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

arf

arf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
UGHHHHH ... i think theres something wrong with my hardware... I don't get the BSOD error and this restarting thing happens when i even surf the web too. i always hear a clicking noise in my tower everytime this piece of crap restarts..