Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Card Problems

• Please log in to reply

Lifein8one3

Lifein8one3

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I get this error when trying to reinstall my sound blaster drivers:

Error Number: 0x80040201
Description: An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers

Setup will now terminate.

How do i fix this. Im assuming that when i deleted the folder from C, i didnt get everything. I looked in System32 folder for the driver files, but came up short. How can i fix this :whistling:

Edited by Lifein8one3, 09 August 2006 - 04:49 PM.

Advertisements

Lifein8one3

Lifein8one3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
For some reason i cannot connect to the IRC channel.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Do you still have the creative card in device manager? You might try deleting the card there and rebooting to see if windows will pop up a "new hardware found" window so you can reinstall the creative software. You really should have removed the creative software in "Add/Remove Programs" so you may have problems installing the software when windows still thinks it has the software.

I would suggest taking your computer to an expert to reinstall the creative software. You really need to know where to look to delete files so you can reinstall the software.

SRX660