Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Another system build!

• Please log in to reply

monkeymedia

monkeymedia

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I've been trawling through reviews and shops for quite a while now and at long last i think i have got somewhere close to the final build.

Here it is:

M/B MSI 975X Platinum, Power Up, Socket-775 Firewire SATAII ATX GbLAN DDR2 PCI-Ex16

CPU Core 2 Duo E6600

H/S Scythe Ninja Plus Fanless HeatPipe Cooler

RAM 2Gb (2X1Gb) Corsair TwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC5400 (667), 240 Pin, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 4-4-4-12

GPU 7900GT

HDD 300GB SATA

PSU Enermax Liberty 500w

CASE Themaltake Matrix VX

DIS Viewsonic 22" TFT 2235

+ all the usual drives etc.

My main concerns are:

motherboard - supports crossfire, i assume i can still use a nvidia card, just wont be able to use SLI

memory - does the above seem reasonable, is it worth the extra for 800MHz

graphics card - i have settled on a 7900gt for the time being, however do i go for XFX, e-VGA, Gainward, MSI??????????????

I would also like to try to eliminate any major bottlenecks

I will be using the PC for gaming, video editing and running a number of applications at same the time.

All comments / other options much appreciated

Edited by monkeymedia, 09 August 2006 - 02:42 PM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Looks fine, you can use one nvidia card just fine, i would get 800mhz memory, card wise whatevers cheapest and has a semi decent cooler or cheap enough you can get another better after market one.