Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just built

• Please log in to reply

aurora_ads_stink

aurora_ads_stink

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hi i just was putting together my first pc im bulding and i power it on and the cpu fan starts to spin for a minute and it just shuts off a few seconds later? i cant figure out what the problem is

The MOBO is - http://www.asrock.co...39Dual-VSTA.htm

and i have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core cpu

this is the first time i am putting everything together so i dont really have any experience thanks

Edit: I think i have found my problem, would http://www.performan...pinext12_01.jpg that being broken make it do that?

When that is unplugged, or plugged in it keeps starting up and turning off

Edited by aurora_ads_stink, 09 August 2006 - 04:47 PM.

Advertisements

johnthunder

johnthunder

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Random re-starts normally happen due to insufficient power supply, I dont know the full spec of your machine, but when building a good quality system I use a 500W True Power.
Some may say 500W but they are not, you need to be paying around £40-£50 for a decent 500W PSU.
John

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
ensure all power connectors are properly in place. What power supply are you using, and with what hardware?

Finally, make sure the motherboard is properly set inside that case on top of the standoffs. If you think that's correct and it's still having problems, shut the psu off completely, carefully take the motherboard out of the case and onto the foam or whatever it came packaged in, and see if it works yet.

aurora_ads_stink

aurora_ads_stink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
i took it out and put it down on the box and hooked it all up and it still shuts off a second after i press the power button, and i tried 2 power suplys

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
check the temperature in bios and see how hot everything is running.

aurora_ads_stink

aurora_ads_stink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
how can i check the bios if it wont start up o.o, The pc turns on for half a second fas starts to spin then they just stop and it shuts off