Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer 7 Beta gone amok

• Please log in to reply

Ammalgam

Ammalgam

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Another cool article about IE 7,

http://www.windows-v...-Big-Mouth.html

Advertisements

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
hmmm intresting, but i completely disagree with what he wrote. A browser is a simple software? doesn't matter what software it is, if it says beta on it, it means stay away unless you know what you are doing. And apprently he didn't. I thinke IE7beta3 works just fine... and yes you can uninstall it without a hitch.

BTW

Wrong section.... the article is about IE7 Beta 3 which is.... incompatible with Vista (beta2 last time i checked) and i don't know what's so intreseting about the site or article if it's ms bashing you want just google bsod. I use firefox and ie and truth to be told... from a user's pov inot a really big deal.

Ammalgam

Ammalgam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

hmmm intresting, but i completely disagree with what he wrote. A browser is a simple software? doesn't matter what software it is, if it says beta on it, it means stay away unless you know what you are doing. And apprently he didn't. I thinke IE7beta3 works just fine... and yes you can uninstall it without a hitch.

BTW

Wrong section.... the article is about IE7 Beta 3 which is.... incompatible with Vista (beta2 last time i checked) and i don't know what's so intreseting about the site or article if it's ms bashing you want just google bsod. I use firefox and ie and truth to be told... from a user's pov inot a really big deal.

First, the quote was "A browser SHOULD BE simple software." not is simple software.

Second, the author says "Some of you would say, "hey dude, chill out, its Beta software, You knew what you were signing up for." True but here's my response. This is just a friggin BROWSER"

I guess the author just expects that by the time software gets to Beta 3, it's a little more stable,

Regards,

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
hmm truth to be told i jinxed my self by mentioning BSOD, as soon as i started up vista.... BOOM bsod. But it's not like the end of the world all good things take time. Being a beta tester is like sacraficing your machine/time/sanity so that others will have a less frustrating time. I love vista, sure it's far from perfect but nonethe less i think it'll be a great os. XP is in it's mature stage, but vista will soon catch up in stability. Also, computers are so so very complex.... not only interms of software compatabilities but hardware compatablities. 99% of ppl might be fine with a software but.... the 1% might have 1 single residula registry entry that messes up the whole machine. Yeah beta 3's should be a lot more stable but I'd rather have problems in the beta stage than the final release. We all have different standards regarding stability, i mean he said that it worked fine, but messed up on the uninstall part. I usually use your uninstaller 2006 and it has never failed me.

Ammalgam

Ammalgam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
All good...

It's nice to be able to engage in meaningful dialogue...