Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

D Drive

• Please log in to reply

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I am having trouble taking my cd out of the D Drive. I keep trying hitting Eject and also in Windows Media Player I try and hit eject as well. And no luck, is there any other way of getting the cd out of the D Drive? I also posted HijackThis. And I noticed way at the bottom for Kodak Pictures I uninstalled that program Before when I had the Kodak this when I kept hitting eject for the cd to come out my sister said it said something about the Kodak could that have been the problem?
Please help.

[Hijack This log removed by Moderator]

Edited by Samm, 09 August 2006 - 07:34 PM.

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
All (I think, if not, most) optical drives have a hole big enough for a paper clip to go into. Get a paper clip, unfold it and push it into the hole straight. The drive should come out.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

I've removed your HJT log because they are not supposed to be posted outside of the malware forum - sorry.

However, I can tell you that you do have a malware problem. Its not huge & probably isn't affecting your ability to open the optical drive tray, but it should still be sorted out anyway.
I suggest therefore that you start a new topic in the Malware forum (see link below) & post you log in there.

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Re. the optical drive issue - SuperSam is right, you should see a tiny hole near the eject button. Inserting a straightened paper clip into the hole (whilst the system is powered on) should eject the drive tray.

Before you try this though, it may be useful to try one other thing first...
Reboot or power on the system & attempt to eject the optical drive tray before Windows loads up. If this works OK, then some application in Windows is locking the drive (possibly CD Burning software or similar).

Let me know what happens

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Thank you you guys very much for your help. I sorta did the paper clip thing but I ended up using a different thing. I have tried the rebotting thing and that didnt' work. And I will look into the problem for the maleware thank you I will do that right away.
You guys have a goodevening.

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
If your CD drive not working or ejecting, then your drive has a stortage.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Thank you you guys very much for your help. I sorta did the paper clip thing but I ended up using a different thing. I have tried the rebotting thing and that didnt' work. And I will look into the problem for the maleware thank you I will do that right away.
You guys have a goodevening.

You're very welcome :whistling: