Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Control Panel

• Please log in to reply

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Yes I'm useing Windows Xp Professional.
And I have removed a couple of programes,useing add-remove, but one of the icons remains on the controle panel screen. How can I remove it?

Also I bought this computer from a friend,and the windows is regstered to them,and it has there name on all the file locations. can I change to my name, or will I have to reinstall windows to fix this?

Thanks for any tips Guys, or Gals.....

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Hello! :whistling:

I wrote a tutorial for the latter question here.

On the first question, by "the icon" do you mean that there is an icon in Control Panel itself, or that it still shows up in Add or Remoe Programs?

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
There was a modem installed,and I removed it, and there is nothing in add-remove, but there is a icon on the control panel itself. can it be removed.

Edited by Marty L Mayes, 09 August 2006 - 08:18 PM.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Yes. :blink:

Please download TweakUI from Microsoft's site. After downloading and installing it, run it and go to Control Panel. There, you will see a list of the current items in Control Panel. Just uncheck the one the modem put on.

Good luck! :whistling:

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Thanks for both tips.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
No problem. :whistling: