Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Annoying artifacts on a radeon 9550

• Please log in to reply

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
hi guys,
i have a radeon 9550 as both my sig and topic title suggests but i have been having problems with artifacts and sort of like "jaggered" pointy triangles (i no that really doesnt make much sense but i cant seem to get a picture)
its really annoying when trying to play games and stuff

i changed my drivers from the normal standard ati cataylst to soft mod drivers from www.techpowerup.com

and they worked ok but thats when i found that my problem began so after that i decided to chnage to omega drivers which is what i have installed now

what is the best way to get rid of these artifacts should i use driver cleaner or what because obveously they are downloaded drivers do i have to burn them to cd?

thanks for your time,

troppo

Advertisements

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I see in your sig its overclocked have you tryed running it at stock speeds?

troppo

troppo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
yeah i have and its teh same thing unfortunatly

i have pleanty of air flowign through my case and the system temps are all down nice and low so overheating is not the problem.

i should explain something: the only time i do overclock the card is when i play games and stuff i normally leave it stock when im just on the computer word proccesing and stuff and when i do play the games stock standard i still get the artifacts.

also to explain something else: when i had the original ATI catalyst drivers installed there was no artifacst even when teh card was overclocked to the speed i have it set on now which is what leads me to belive that its a driver related problem.

maybe there is still fragments left over from the other drivers both the ATI ones and the techpower up ones maybe theya re conflicting with each other for some reason im not to good with software and os related stuff more hardware so tell me what i need to do and i will do it

i have thought of using driver cleaner but i dont no if thats my best option because the drivers i have installed are downloaded can i burn them to cd or what??? or when i remove all of the old drivers will windows still have or still load the generic agp display drivers???

thanks for your help,
troppo :whistling:

troppo

troppo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
can anyone please help me i need to get this fixed before i go to a Lan with friends

i would like some advice on the best way to get rid of this problem i have considered using driver cleaner but i dont no if thast the best things

please help troppo

p.s sorry to bump i no people hate it (and so do i) sorry :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Driver cleaner certainly wont hurt just download the latest drivers and put them on the desktop run driver cleaner(3 times in safe mode) just boot up back to normal mode and install the latest drivers(omegas or standard ATI).

troppo

troppo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
thanks for the reply,

so wheni run driver cleaner 3 times it will removce all drivers and the card will be running automatically on wondows generic drivers????

then just install the new ones in safe mode???

troppo

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
pretty much.