Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

athlon 64 3700 san diego or 3800 venice?

• Please log in to reply

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Cheers for that i see where you're coming from and agree with your point that im probably better buying all the bits and building one with a 3700 SD core, but then i found this(!):
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1
but that is incredibly cheap for whats in it

Avoid this listing, for three main reasons:

1) The 3800 processor does not run at 3.8Ghz. It runs at 2.4Ghz.
2) "80Gb UDMA SATA" is a myth, and and if the eBayer can't get this and the above point right, one wonders what their technical service must be like. Especially as you'd have to ship the entire computer to them at £25 a time EACH WAY only to be told there's naff all wrong with it.
3) £35 postage? Buy all the bits yourself from one supplier and it won't even cost a tenner. Come on buddy, you weren't born yesterday.

Buy the bits yourself, put the computer together yourself, learn something new. You won't regret it :whistling:

Advertisements

dob

dob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
yeah was suspicious myself but i checked the feedback and everybody else seemed pleased, i think if i bought it i genuinely would receive it, and i didnt even read the specs bit at the top just looked what it had inside it.

i knew the postage was a rip off but thats how they make a little extra i only ever look at the total price anyway, but yeah thinking about it ill just put one together myself can always put more ram in later better to pay a bit more and get a bit more piece of mind cheers everybody
just seemed tempting as everybody in feedback received theirs and almost everybody pleased the only complaints were delivery times but ill just stick with making my own i dont really play games so the setup i priced will be more than good enough, just being greedy really! cheers everybody