Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msvcp50.dl and usrvpa.dll failed to copy

• Please log in to reply

SharonMurray

SharonMurray

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I am upgrading to Windows XP (as a new install) on another PC as I write. I've just got past the reformat stage, and it is currently copying files. However I've now had two errors to say that files have not copied properly. Both times I've had the option to skip this copy, with warnings that Windows XP may not work properly when the upgrade is complete!

Can anyone tell me what I need to do about this? Is there any point in going on with the upgrade.

Urgent help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you,

Sharon
Chester

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do you have a us robotics modem? is it external? if it's external unplug it during the install if not the usrvpa.dll is part of it's driver...and you'll probably be able to install that once you've got windows loaded and running

the other dll is part of the MS c++ runtime library...which also can be installed once windows is up and running...this one concerns me sllightly as the c++ runtime can cause problems

what kind of disk is this? where did you get it? is it scratched or dirty?

SharonMurray

SharonMurray

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hi dsenette,

I do have an internal robotics card, but I no longer use it. I recently installed a wirelss router and network which is the reason I had to upgrade to Windows XP in the first place (W2k didn't seem to like the wireless network card.)

I upgraded using a brand new upgrade disk purchased from PC World yesterday. Everything seems to be working OK so far - in fact I'm responding to this using the upgraded PC and apart from those two errors everything else has gone unnervingly well with the upgrade - I keep waiting for the whole thing to go belly up but fingers crossed....

I would like to get these two issues resolved though, so that I can be confident everything is going to be OK. One thing that has popped up a few times is that I get a message saying I'm not connected - I haven't chosen to work offline, and when I select retry evrything is OK. Could this be related to the missing msvcp50.dll file?

Thanks for your help
Sharon
Chester

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well for the usrvpa.dll you could try installing the drivers for the modem even if you don't use it

the other one...give me a bit