this troubleshooting may help, quoted from http://www.chicagote...onnectivity.htm
"This connection has limited or no connectivity. "
"You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources"
Symptoms: after installed Windows XP SP2 and, you may experience one or any of the following symptoms:
· The network connection is working properly while you receive this message "Limited or No Connectivity".
· The network connection displays above message and you can’t access the network.
· You can’t renew the IP and receive this error: “An error occurred when renewing interface Local Area Connection: Unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out.”
· The ipconfig displays an APIPA address 169.254.x.x address.
· You have trouble connecting to the Internet with the DLS or cable modem.
1. If your computer is currently connected to the Internet and the LAN without any connection problem, you may want to disable the message "Limited or No Connectivity".
2. If you are using DHCP, verify DHCP server is available on your network and other computers can access it.
3. Download and install the Update for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB884020)
4. Check hardware connation and configuration.
5. Check firewall, spyware and winsock settings.