Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spreading Viruses Through Email

• Please log in to reply

pcdummie

pcdummie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:blink: I sent an on-line news article to a bunch of people on my Outlook Express email address list. I received one reply with the following statement: Hi, when I received your email my virus protection software detected 2 trojan horse viruses (Downloader.Trojan and Trojan.adwaheck). The overview on Norton’s website says that the viruses don’t usually cause too much damage, but thought you might want to know.

I was horrified! I have the most recent Norton anti-virus and internet security. I keep it updated and run scans continuously. I just ran one minutes ago--a complete system scan-- and it detected no viruses. I ran the reports and there was nothing to indicate that I have any viruses whatsoever. I have all the Norton protections enabled.

Why would my friend get a virus warning with my email (it didn't even have an attachment as I copied and pasted the article--which does have one hyper-link in it)?

What should be my next step?

Thank you!!! :whistling:

Advertisements