Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Pc Turns off Instantly then reboots

• Please log in to reply

atearwhofellnot

atearwhofellnot

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Every few minutes.. Always random.. Could be 1 minute after booting could be 4 hours.. My pc will just Turn off instantly.. Then reboot.. It didn't start doing it untill recently.. I installed some new ram but as far as I know that wouldn't have such an effect.. Any thoughts? Any help is greatly appreciated ..

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If it started after the new ram, check it is seated properly

Click this for a guide to using Memtest

Click this to download Memtest

Run it overnight if possible

Video cards can do this, so check the drivers

Temperatures can do this, although this tends to cause the PC to go off and stay off

atearwhofellnot

atearwhofellnot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Ugh, My video driver is accurate... I removed the ram.. Rolled back my system a week back to before it started its uses.. Removed the extra harddrive I have in.. And it still does it.. Any thoughts?

atearwhofellnot

atearwhofellnot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Often when I execute a command.. MY screen will go black then come back on..It's done that since I got this pc

Mohammadov

Mohammadov

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Ok i know this problem..
u know,i died to know the reason..but finally i know..

its electrical signals..ur pc cant stand when alot of electrones come to ur pc..so look,try to change ur pc place..go to other room,and see if it works for 1 hour or like this..

if it really works..then the problem as i mentioned.
tell me what u find.