Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVDs choppy, slow , not watchable

• Please log in to reply

RHCPbalzary

RHCPbalzary

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
So this is the first time I have a DVD rom on my computer, I just bought it. Sony one, really nice. Anyways, for some reason my movies are really choppy and slow. Like... my computer isnt good enough. BUt my friend has a computer a little worse than mine and his dvds play fine? Any suggestions. This also happens when i try to play movies in WMP in full screen mode , its very laggy and slow, it used to be ok.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
add memory or close al windows except your dvd

RHCPbalzary

RHCPbalzary

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I dont thik i need to add memory, if it worked before, not the dvds, but the wmp. ANd i did close all windows except the dvd. still not working.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
are your dvds clean no scratches does it happen when your online or offline

what type of antivirus you have

maybe some programs are cluttering your computer

run your disk cleaner and defragmenter

heres an option

GO START>>>RUN >>TYPE IN >> prefetch >>CLICK OK then click on edit on any file click delete

download this and run it

http://www.ccleaner.com/download/

RHCPbalzary

RHCPbalzary

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
no no no, i just recently reformated my computer, couple days ago. Everythings cool, itsj ust that on WMP the images are slow when in full screen mode but i used to know how to fix it , i forgot though. Its nothing to do with me being online or offilne.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
did you check the properties under your dvd see if it has tools then run a repair

RHCPbalzary

RHCPbalzary

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
yes, it doesnt have it. BUt yea, maybe you know anwser to my WMP question?

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
You need better video codecs...

Do the following. Unless you specifically subcribe to and/or download music by paying with the following programs, then erase them.

Quicktime
Realplayer
Xvid
Divx

Also uninstall whatever program you use to play your dvd ( dont uninstall windows media player ) just uninstall your codec for it. If you dont know what a codec is, forget it.

Then download this,
http://www.fileshari..._codec_pack.php
scan it if you want to be sure its free of viruses ( which it is ), and install it, do a complete options install from the drop down list.

When its done installing, CLICK YES TO DISABLING ALL FILTERS IN THE INSTALLATION, itll ask you that I think 2 times. Once you are done, your dvd shouldnt be choppy and you will be able to play any movie and music file.

Note: If you use quicktime for ipod or itunes or something, you will have to reinstall quicktime most likely after you do this. If you dont have an ipod then dont worry about it.