Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Javascript Problem in IE

• Please log in to reply

Instant

Instant

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Basically, javascript won't run in IE, while using other browsers like Firefox has no problem. I've gone to a test site for javascript, and apparently, its not enabled. I did the same thing with java, and that has the same problem. I've tried changing IE's security settings to medium and low, and also changing from Sun Java and Microsoft VM. I've enable scripting and what not, but it still doesn't seem to work. Sun Java is also updated to the latest version, and I believe Microsoft update has been doing its job. The Java Runtime Version is 1.5.0_06 and at the site the installation is verifyed. Please help, thanks.

:whistling:

Edited by Instant, 17 August 2006 - 03:12 AM.

Advertisements

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
There is information about both in here hope that helps..

Instant

Instant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks for the help, but all the things on that site, I've tried already. Any other suggestions? :whistling:

Instant

Instant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I've already tried disabling the firewall also...

It seems to be mostly a javascript problem. When I click a link that says its javascript nothing happens, it just says page is done loading. Its kinda werid how it only affects IE. I also tried upgrading to IE 7 Beta 3, with no luck at all.

Edited by Instant, 12 August 2006 - 08:16 AM.

Instant

Instant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I've tried restoring the internet settings to default, and also turning off all spyware programs, etc. Nothing seems to work.

Sorry for all the double posts and stuff, but I really need this problem fixed. Could someone please help?