Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Floppy drive won't recognize disk

• Please log in to reply

Bignique

Bignique

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When inserting a disk either formated or not I get the message: please insert disk into drive A. I have verified that all cable are connected properly, the floppy drive is recongnized with no conflicts in device manager and the greenlight on the floppy drive is ON when the message comes on; once I hit cancel the light goes OFF. It don't sound like the floppy is doing any work. The driver is updated.

Advertisements

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Try another disk. If that disk is not working, Your Floppy Drive doesnt work.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the drive from the Device Manager?

Bignique

Bignique

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The disk is fine, it works on other computers. I don't think it's my floppy drive, I think it's XP Pro because I even tried an external floppy drive and it doesn't open the disk and totally different error comes up.