Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

firewall intrusion alert

• Please log in to reply

okeee

okeee

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
I use Agnitum Outpost and all of a sudden I received this message:

17:14:26 Intruder blocked Rst attack detected from 211.210.231.163 -> 211.210.231.163

I'm quite worried, does this mean that someone tried to hack the pc, and the firewall prevented it? Do I need to take some action?

Advertisements

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
A reset attack, check out one opinion here.

Also search Google for: agnitum outpost + rst attack .. for other ideas.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that ip comes up as being from Korea-KR [City: Seoul, Kyonggi-Do]

okeee

okeee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Are you certain that the IP is from Korea, because I live in Europe. Could the IP-adres maybe be changed? I received the notice while I was in a belgian chatroom. Also, I do not visit Korean sites or have an argument with someone from Korea.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Are you certain that the IP is from Korea, because I live in Europe. Could the IP-adres maybe be changed? I received the notice while I was in a belgian chatroom. Also, I do not visit Korean sites or have an argument with someone from Korea.

sorry...i didn't mean to confuse you...that was meant more as an fyi...it likely means that your firewall did it's job and actually stopped a real attack...and that it wasn't a false alarm...the main thing is that your firewall DID block it...which means technically if it only happened once..you don't really need to be that concerned

okeee

okeee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
I see. but can IP be changed, so that it seems that the IP is from somewhere else? Such as, someone in Sweden changing his IP-adres in an IP-adres from Korea, so that he can't be tracked?

Edited by okeee, 13 August 2006 - 01:26 PM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Sure. To do that you use a proxy service.

Many of those kind of attacks are random automated programs, not specifically targeting you, just whatever computers they can get into. Your firewall recognized it as a threat, and blocked it. Don't lose sleep.
Johanna