Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Driver

• Please log in to reply

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
i have had this problem with both ATi and Nvidia. i go to their site, i download the appropriate driver, then they say its incompatible. what am i doing wrong? the model is an Nvidia Riva TNT2 64 model. can some1 help me with this. am i supposed to get the driver for Riva or TNT2, im guessing Riva, ill try that, and report back cause i already tried TNT2. k ijust checked and the riva is for 128MB, i have 64Mb, and the TNT2 driver didnt work...........i also tried updating driver from device manager, and it couldnt find anything new. the reason im asking is because of Open GL, some games tell me i need it, how do i go about getting it, i remember i had to for my cousin, and some1 suggested this program, which during the game had their name going across the ENTIRE screen diagonally.

Edited by Tru Techie, 11 August 2006 - 11:50 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The highest amount of memory on the TNT2 seres cards was 32 MB. I think what you are talking about is the 64 bit and 128 bit memory interface. These cards only support up to DirectX 8.1 so many of the games made after the card was on the market will not play on it. Probably the best drivers Nvidia put out for this card is the 21.81 and 23.11 drivers. The latest driver you can get for this card from Nvidia is the 81.98. In reality the drivers are no different than the 23.11 drivers. I have tried both and cannt notice any difference between them.

http://www.voodoofiles.com/4673

If you still are having problems with the games you need to upgrade to a newer FX series or the 6600/6800 series cards that support DriectX 9 and better openGL drivers.

SRX660

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
thanx srx, ill try that. and the game is GTA 3. and Halo 1, and Medal of Honor Allied Assault, so not that new.

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
i cant find version 23 anywhere. they all end up linking to sites that no longer have them.......which one should i get

i keep gettin gthe error:

NVIDIA setup could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your hardware. setup will now exit.

Edited by Tru Techie, 11 August 2006 - 02:39 PM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The earliest Nvidia drivers they have on their site is the 28.32. They are here for win 98,98SE, and ME.

http://www.nvidia.co...9x_archive.html

The same drivers for Xp are here.

http://www.nvidia.co...2k_archive.html

Did you read this on the Nvidia website?

Medal of Honor Pacific Assault requires Pixel Shader support in order to run. Pixel Shader is a hardware feature not available in older NVIDIA based graphics cards. The following GPU's do not support Pixel Shaders and will not run Medal of Honor Pacific Assault:

Riva TNT
Riva TNT2 M64, Riva TNT2, Riva TNT2 Pro, Riva TNT2 Ultra, Aladdin TNT2

It may be that your card is just not good enough to run the games you want. I found this on one website.

Some video cards will not work correctly with OpenGL specifically on Windows 2000 or Windows XP. This is usually a result of the display adapter driver not fully supporting the OpenGL standard. One such problem was with the nVidia TNT2 video card.

So my final thought here is you need a better video card to play the games you want to play.

SRX660

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
rats, thanx a lot SRX. ill see if those drivers work.

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
k well, the driver worked, so thank you. now what about this OpenGL thing. how do i go about getting these files, and where would i put them? because it says Fatal Error : (when i try to run Halo) could not find C:\Documents and settings\User\config.txt

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
can anyone help me?