Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Before It Becomes a Problem: "CleanUp!"

• Please log in to reply

Digital Jedi

Digital Jedi

• Pip
  • 5 posts
My old computer ran Windows 98, and I had all the software you guys list on your "Start Here" download page that was relevant to my system, including "CleanUp!" Now that I've recently purchased an HP Pavilion, I went to the download page to get all my old tools and noticed that "CleanUp!" now comes with this warning: "NOTE: Do NOT run this program if you have XP Professional 64 bit edition. If you're unsure please do not run it!"

Is there anyway to know if my version of XP is safe to run on it? I loved CleanUp!, as I HATE having unused junk on my system and "CleanUp!" reached places that "Disk CleanUp" never could. But I sense there is risk of important file deletion that I would sincerely like to avoid. Thanks.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Digital Jedi...

Right click on "My Computer". Under the "General" tab, your Operating System will be listed...along with other system information.

If the Operating System is not listed as a 64 bit system then you are running on 32 bit and it would be safe to use the CleanUp application.

Another indicator would be the processor...it would most likely be a dual core processor if you are running 64 bit.

wannabe1

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
heres another cleaner its safe to use

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Digital Jedi

Digital Jedi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Alright, thanks for the replies. They were indeed helpful. It appears I am on a 64 Dual Core processor. Yikes! I'll give ccleaner a try. Thank again. Much appreciated.