Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motherboard Manual

• Please log in to reply

hal_jordan

hal_jordan

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Greetings all!

A friend gave me a motherboard (Lomita 010116 mat no 128401) and when I use Google, the only link I find is on here (http://www.experts-e...Q_21400145.html)!

I would like to know if there is a way to find motherboard manuals so that I can find the RAM capacity, speed and voltage. I understand (from looking on one on sale on ebay) that it is an emachine board.

In addition, I have another board, and the only idenifying number is E210882. It uses RAMBUS and I just nned the manual so that I can hook up the power, reset, HDD and speaker cables (from the front obviously). Everywhere that I have looked, appears to have this board as Dell, Gateway or a generic one. I did find a pin diagram but it was not not the right one. As it stands now, I cannot power it back on; in order to install the OS, I just plugged in the power cable and it came on. Now it does not; could be a bad PSU, but the manual would help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by hal_jordan, 11 August 2006 - 08:16 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
eMachines use specially-made boards for them so there is no manual as such as the boards aren't made to be distributed. Basically they would all use the same sort of connectors and blocks (and cases) to an extent that anybody can plug a connector into the right place and it will work.

The easy way to get round this is to find the power button first - try each two pin connector first, press the button and see if it comes on. If not, move along on the block until you find the right one. Then it's just a case of trial-and-error on the other ones to find reset, power LED and HDD led.

hal_jordan

hal_jordan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thanks, Neil!
I tried that and got nothing, but then I shorted the pins (2 at a time in the block) and got it.

This is the day for mobo problems! Comes from inheriting them I suppose.
I am not trying to find a manual for my main box, and BelArc, SIW or sysspec can tell me anything about the actual board; the chipset is P4M266-8235.
It has a 2.0 GHz Celly and I have searched VIA's website, coming close, but not quite. The board is around 5 years old (I know, what am I thinking??).

Thanks again!

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

One possible match for the board with the P4M266-8235 chipset, is the Biostar U8668. See link below for motherboard manual download:

http://www.biostar.c...php3?socket=478

I suggest you look at a picture of the board & compare it to yours to see if its the same.

hal_jordan

hal_jordan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Samm - Thanks!
Actually it doesn't quite match; by board has 3 PCI slots and the FDD is located in another place.
It's not a huge deal, I had this built for me before I knew how to do it myself and the company did not give me the manual.
Thanks for the link though!