Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

language change

• Please log in to reply

Serendes

Serendes

• Pip
  • 2 posts
during this summer I was over in asia and bought an Asus M2 series notebook, but the problem is, that the notebook's interface, menus, etc... are in Chinese. I've looked up how to change the language from Chinese to English on microsoft.com, but the way they show it is through Windows XP MUI, which only works on professional edition, I am running on Windows XP home edition.

Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to change my OS language to English? Thanks!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
As you've discovered, it can only been done on XP Pro, by adding the MUI pack. However, from what I can gather even that requires an English version of XP Pro - the MUI pack can't be added to a non-English version of XP Pro (that's my understanding of it anyway.

The purpose of the MUI add-on is to change the OS language from English to something else.
So even if your Chinese version was XP Pro, the MUI pack would be no use to you.

You only option therfore is to buy an English retail version of XP.

Serendes

Serendes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok, thanks a bunch