Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CoD2 multiplayer problem

• Please log in to reply

SuperColossal68

SuperColossal68

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok..so recently I had to totally crash my computer and resetup windows XP and everything, reload all my software, games blah blah blah, now when I try to play CoD2 multiplayer my computer can't see any servers on the list and when I try to manually connect using console and typing in /connect "server IP" it just stays on Awaiting Connection forever, last time it got to about 345 waiting connection before I gave up, anyways..I made sure everything was the same as it was before I did anything with my computer, I downloaded the patch, made sure no filters were on, turned on punkbuster all that, I'm pretty sure I have all my drivers and everything loaded and all that...soo..if anyone could help me with this, i'd really appreciate it..thanks

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Do you access the internet through a router?

SuperColossal68

SuperColossal68

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Actually I found out what the problem was, figured it out like 20 minutes after I posted this lol, it was just my firewall blocking access to the game..