Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem - Power related?

• Please log in to reply

kingy53

kingy53

• Pip
  • 2 posts
OK I am having major issues with my computer.

Recently my computer died so I took it to be fixed and they said the power supply has shorted out. They replaced it with a new 350W AcBel Intelligent Powersupply. I take it home and my computer turns on fine and loads up but everything is going MUCH slower.

I did a PC checkup at pcpitstop and it said my CPU and GPU were running at 40% of similar systems which is alot slower than scores i got before which were usually around 100% give or take afew. I updated some drivers and defragged my HD which improved things very mildy bringing the scores upto about 43%

I have run out of ideas why it would be running so slow, the only thing i can think of is that the power supply they gave me isn't strong enough.

My system is:

2.8GHz P4 800Mhz FBS
Geforce 6600 256MB PCI-e
512MB DDR2 RAM
80GB IDE Seagate Harddrive
About 3 extra USB/Firewire port devices attatched
Samsung DVD RW drive
This is on a Gigabyte 915P GA-8I915P Duo Pro Motherboard

So is it a powersupply problem?
Or anything else?
Anyhelp is greatly appreciated

Advertisements

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
There's something else what needed to be done.

You need more RAM for your computer. If that's not the issue, then it's the hard drive.

kingy53

kingy53

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
it is definitely not a RAM issue, i've had that setup for about a year now and it was running perfectly fine and then suddenly after the powersupply was changed it now runs incredibly slower than before, even when i turn down settings in games far below what they were at before it is still incredibly slow and laggy compared to what it used to be.