Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer to HDTV

• Please log in to reply

Fragzem

Fragzem

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I wish to hook up my computer to my HDTV Projection Television, across the room... Figuring I'll need 25 feet of cable for audio and video...

What kind of cables do I need to get?

I am using an X800 PRO video card, which has an SVID Out, and is that a DVI plug on there as well?

My motherboard is an Abit NF7.... I'm guessing I'll have to use one of those wiriing setups that turn a headphones out jack into a RCA left/right for my home theater? But I'm not sure which.

If someone can provide links to specific items, and any helpful info, it'd be very much appreciated!

I've seen thousands of different wires available on eBay making this possible, yet while I am adept with computers, building them, and maintaining them, I haven't attempted something such as this before, and for some reason would just feel better if someone TOLD me what to do, rather than figure it out myself.

Thanks again!

-Fragzem

Edited by Fragzem, 11 August 2006 - 11:41 PM.

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • Video
    (Presuming your projector's input is RCA) SVideo to RCA adapter, RCA cable to projector. (Yellow)
  • Sound
    That motherboard has 6 channel sound, so use the "line out" plug. Connect to the stereo/amplifier input. (Yellow and Red) You'll need to convert from 3.5mm to RCA. (Unless your talking about using the onboard sound system on the computer).
  • SVideo connector to RCA (projector)
  • 3.5mm to Double RCA connector. (amplifier/stereo)
  • Yellow RCA cord
  • Red and White RCA cord
A Hardware/Electronics store should have all of these

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
SVideo to RCA connector for Video Card to television.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Computer: Line Out to Television, amplifier, Stereo Etc...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by sarahw, 12 August 2006 - 06:24 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Actually if its an HDTV it probably has DVI and its the best solution as its got better auto detection of the TV should pick it up on boot and set the resolution automatically.

The audio is that hardest part actually depending on your set up if its got a seperate amp its easy if your using TV speakers its a little harder but still pretty easy.