Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

nForce 4 vs. nForce 5

• Please log in to reply

apritske

apritske

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
So, I have all of my components for my box, and they're being shipped to me as I type, so this is purely an "after-the-fact" kind of question.

I invested in an a good ASUS mobo. It is the only ASUS mobo advertized as fully conroe and SLI compatible - but it is chipset nForce 4. I bought it specifically with the intent to run two dx10 vid cards in SLI when they are widely available (I guess about a year from now?) I read a couple reviews that advised people to hold out for the nForce 5 chipset boards. Here's my question, should I worry about the fact that nForce 5 is right around the corner. Will I still be able to use dx10 cards for SLI on an nForce 4 board a year from now?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah you can use dx10 in sli on an nf4 as far as i know although i wouldnt bother as SLI will be made largely obsolete for all but the higest reolution monitor users with the dx10 cards being so powerful.

Intel wise i would have went for a 965 or 975X to be honest as nforce on intel was never fantastic its primarily a AMD chipset they took over to intel but because intel needs a south bridge its a little more complicated than the amd version thats usually why nforce boards come out a little later for intel and in smaller numbers.