Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook

• Please log in to reply

Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Helping a pal with his three month old Dell PC
When load ing Outlook (Office 2000) he gets:
“Microsoft Office has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Send error report. Don’t send”
If you click on Dont send, Outlook closes.
I have tried to Repair Office with the same result also uninstalling Office and doing a complete install also gives the same result.
Any help would be aappreciated.

Advertisements

Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Outlook now working ok.

Uninstalled McAfee free 90 day trial that came bundled with his new Dell PC. and installed AVG.

GrayGhost

GrayGhost

• Pip
  • 3 posts
AVG is a Virus Scanner. I think your problem was caused by the Norton Firewall component. Do you have an active firewall now? I would recommend one. If there are problems with applications not working behind the firewall, it is normally a question of the configuration of the firewall and not a problem with the firewall application itself.