Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New System : Revisit

• Please log in to reply

zestron

zestron

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
Hey it's Peter here. I'm so happy right now becuase I got my computer a couple day's early! I plugged it all in and it worked great. The Antec Sontana II is very quiet, very very quiet compared to my other computer. MysteryByte is awesome, they also installed antivirus for free on it. I'm going to buy Area 51 soon because I tryed it and it's great.
The 7600GT. What a great graphics card. It set my video to Medium on Oblivion and it works as smooth as possable for Oblivion on that setting. The downfall is stickykeys. I pressed shift 5 times during the game, it minimises and freezes the game and I have to exit the game.
Ask me question's if you wish.
What Anti-Virus's should I get?

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
This happens with alot of games. To turn Of Sticky Keys:
Control Panel > Accessiblity Options > Sticky Keys Settings > Unselect Use Shortcut

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
You bought the system with the software pre installed right?
Did you get a series of discs with the system?
(for re-installs etc.)
(I've never bought a complete system before. I always build my own. Just wondering.)

Edited by sarahw, 12 August 2006 - 06:48 PM.

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
AVG has an excellent free antivirus program.

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
I figured out the StickyKeys by myself so that dosen't happen anymore.
In past experience, it never worked. Oh well, don't matter now.
And yes, my rig came with all the drives and CD's and cords and addapts and retial boxes. All the stuff.

I had just been playing Oblivion for a few hours actually. Oh crap.. I never had XFire installed, oh well. The game works excellent. I've made a vow never to use cheats because it ruins it.

Edited by zestron, 12 August 2006 - 08:44 PM.

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
i also decided to get the b 7600GT XXX, its clocked higher than thte x1800GTO. nice job man, and post some pics of ur rig, and have fun.

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
Yea, i'll post some pictures if I know how to. I got a floppy drive with SD reader =D

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also, how do you remove and replace those Logo things. It came iwth the Antec logo for the case too.

Edited by zestron, 13 August 2006 - 09:13 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
With difficulty your gonna have to be very careful some come off with just twisting and working them off overs you might need some hot damp cloth. Sonatas are specially designed to be quiet you can buy special padding for it as well to reduce noise further.

AV wise i would use Avast.

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
btw the Sonata II has a filter built inside. It's built behind the front bezel of the case, you can get access to it right under the front side of the case. Remove it and clean it every month. Also did you install the airduct? cause if you didn't you need to cover some blow holes in the back of your case to avoid a airloop inside the system that affects cooling.

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
I dont know what your talking about.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
lol, he means that youll need to periodically clean the front air filter(its designed to keep dust out which maintains cooling in the PC and airflow) and if you arent using the cpu duct(it isolates the cpu the fan bracket on the side is what that is and its like a plastic sleave that covers the cpu) if you arent using it you need to check wether certain ventialtion holes to make sure the cases airflow is correct, it should be in the case manual.

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
lol thx for the translation warriorscot, and excuse me for my lack of communication skills. I shall try to improve in the future. But yes it's exactly what i meant. Personally i find that the duct doesn't do anything, it infact impedes the airflow inside the case.

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
Can you show a picture of where it is and how to clean it?