Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New monitor....

• Please log in to reply

pomp

pomp

the man

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
Hello. I'm looking to get a new monitor. I came across this. It seems to have pretty high end specs! Price seems pretty good too! ...

http://www.tigerdire...mp;Sku=H94-1904

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824254005

What do you think about it? I may look into getting it.

Edited by pomp, 12 August 2006 - 10:17 PM.

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
They both look good to me, but then again I've never gotten into all the different aspects of monitors and how to choose. :blink:

Personally, I'd buy the one from NewEgg, rather than Tiger Direct, since I've gotten a couple junk equipment from Tiger Direct. But then again, that may have just been my poor judgment :whistling:

That brand you are looking at, I've never heard of them. Are they popular in your area?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
These look nearly identical. Nice as well. The only difference besides price that I see is that the one from Tiger has 2 x 1 watt Speakers in its specs. Are these supposed to have speakers in them? :whistling:

pomp

pomp

the man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
I don't know. I have never heard of HANN-G either. It seems like a cool monitor, seems reliable. Was wondering if anyone knows of this company and what not. I would like to get a new monitor :whistling: lol.

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
they are both awsome monitors :whistling:

and great response time to get the one without speakers you would have no need for them and would just be a waste
they are mainly made for say like biusnes that use just bog standard machines

troppo

pomp

pomp

the man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

just bog standard machines

What do you mean by that?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
just what it means bog standard machine no extras or fancy bits like gfx and sound cards the kind you find in bog stnadard offices everywhere.

Monitors look fine Hann-G isnt a big brand but they arent that small and its the spec that counts as most monitors use the panels from one or two companies mainly samsung.

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
sorry about the ligo as arrior scott said its pretty much just basic office machines that dont run much else exept word and other low resource hogging machines

troppo

pomp

pomp

the man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
UPS delivered the monitor yesterday! yay..Gonna hook it up in a bit! .. :whistling: :blink: