Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

MP3 Tagger Music Crisis

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
*NOTE: I have already looked at the pinned admin post on free software and have tried both MP3 tagging applications. The first app is discussed here, and the second app does not allow me to download tags from the internet, so forget it.

Specifically, I need to find a MP3 Tagger program that allows me to download information from an internet database, such as Amazon.com or freedb, that is preferrably freeware. Shareware is fine, as long as it has atleast a one-day trial period.

The problem with the Mp3tag v2.36 is that when I download tag info from Amazon.com or Amazon.de, no matter what song I click after I chose the album, it always changes it to the first song on the list. Thus, all my track numbers on the CD info becomes #1, and I have to manually change the song name. Sometimes the first one (freedb) returns something that I want, but most of the time there is no success. Same with the last one on the connenction list. Although this may not seem like much, I have a huge database of music that I have downloaded, and editing every single one will take atleast half of the day.

I am doing this because I have purchased a BRAND SPANKING NEW iPod, and I want to show the album art on the screen and have the correct album infomation to sort the playlists.

Can anyone help?

PS. I am desperate. :help: :whistling: :blink: