Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Browser crashing

• Please log in to reply

jpassmore

jpassmore

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi My wife uses Windows 2000 Pro and everytime we get on the computer it works for a short while and crashes. I am posting this on my computer because I couldn't stay on long enough to do it on hers. Unfortunately we no longer have the windows 2000 disk. :-(

I send the Error report and when it goes to microsoft's site it says "Solution not found". If you need the details of the error report I'll copy them and post them here.

Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
The more info you can supply the better we can help. The error report would help. How do you connect to the Internet? What exactly do you mean by "crash"? Freeze? Blue screen? thrown back to the desktop?

Johanna

jpassmore

jpassmore

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok. Sorry. Hope this will help.

It starts with a screen that says something like, "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shutdown. Sorry for the inconvenience." There is an option to send an error report and restart the browser. I made a couple of the screenshots detailing the problem. Hopefully it will be enough. If not let me know and I'll get some more information.

jpassmore

jpassmore

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

It starts with a screen that says something like, "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shutdown. Sorry for the inconvenience." There is an option to send an error report and restart the browser. I made a couple of the screenshots detailing the problem. Hopefully it will be enough. If not let me know and I'll get some more information.

darn the files are too big..... 5.4meg for a screenshot. Is there a way to make it smaller?

jpassmore

jpassmore

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

darn the files are too big..... 5.4meg for a screenshot. Is there a way to make it smaller?

Error signature

AppName: iexplore.exe ModVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.0.2195.7006 Offset: 0004c04c

At the bottom it says "To view the technical detalis click here". when I do it gives me the error report contents which I can't cut and paste.

Thanks.

larxanne

larxanne

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
hey if u wanna show us the image then click Here and then use the IMG code at the bottom of your photo.

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Try this, at startup of Win2k you have the option to press F8 to enter selective boot. Choose "safe mode with networking". Once in Safe mode check to see if IE will start up and surf. If you are surfing you have something interfering with IE and use safe mode to download an alternative browser. Firefox is nice (mozilla.com) as is Opera (opera.com/download).