Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

csrss.exe @ 100% CPU

• Please log in to reply

mokaiba

mokaiba

• Pip
  • 4 posts
just noticed the message at the top about new threads

http://www.geekstogo...mp;#entry757762

plz post replies in this thread.

Edited by mokaiba, 13 August 2006 - 02:25 AM.

Advertisements

Rothers2005

Rothers2005

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
csrss.exe is the main executable for the Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem. This process manages most graphical commands in Windows. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Note: csrss.exe could also be a process which is registered as a trojan. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. It could also be a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.

so get your system checked!!

Edited by Rothers2005, 13 August 2006 - 02:45 AM.

mokaiba

mokaiba

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i know what csrss is...lol

added BHO and Activex logs.

added some more

Attached Files

Edited by mokaiba, 13 August 2006 - 02:54 AM.

mokaiba

mokaiba

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
upon further examination i have that when i turn ewido on my csrss.exe with got to 100% CPU. so that program itself could be corrupt on my computer.

just in case you dont read it or they modme for giving advice.

upon further examination i have that; when i turn ewido on my csrss.exe with got to 100% CPU. so that program itself could be corrupt on my computer. in regards to the post i somewhat hijacked, that other user witht eh same process issue should check to see if the csrss.exe maxes out when a certain program is turned on.

make sure only windows starts.

also, go to
start,
run,
type msconfig
then go to start-up,
select uncheck all

now click on the serivce tab
check he box that says hide microsoft services
select disable all

then select ok,
then select restart the computer.

then you can go one by one starting teh programs to see if any of them are the culprit.

Edited by mokaiba, 13 August 2006 - 04:46 AM.