Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 Questions WXP

• Please log in to reply

Carol D

Carol D

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi
We have 4 users on our puter.
On my DH's configuration, Windows Media Player starts automatically and it's a PITA. Any way other than deleting to get it to behave.

Q2. My task bar has about 10 programs running - all I need is a few. How do I remove them from the task bar without completely uninstalling them?? I've tried everything!!

TIA
Carol

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
The quick way is to use Mike Lin's StartUp Cpl to control what comes on at boot.
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
The program will put a tab in your control panel that allows you to select what software you'd like to run when you start the computer. You can change things back easily if you decide to, later.
Johanna

Carol D

Carol D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi Johanna

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! How could microsoft overlook that function - Mike Lin is a Genius,

Dos and Geoworks rule!!

My DH Thanks You as well

Major Merci
Carol

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Wow, I just got done yelling at my kids (I have a bunch of broken ribs and I'm tired of cleaning up after them!) and I check my email and someone said something NICE to me. WOW!! I'm glad you fixed your problem, and appreciate you posting back that it is resolved. I wish Mike Lin were in charge if MS Config. ;-) His program would be in my top 5 list of timesavers.
Johanna

Carol D

Carol D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hope U have a better day!
Hugs, Carol