Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MSN - I think I've been hacked?

• Please log in to reply

RyanHess

RyanHess

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I was just signed into MSN Messenger when suddenly it signed itself out and popped up saying someone signed on from another computer. So i signed back in and it did it again a few minutes later. I changed my password and it hasnt happened since (ive been on for about another 20 mins). Does anyone have any advice on what i should do as i use my original password for a lot of other log-ins, and i dont want someone else to have access to my information. Help! :whistling:

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
It's probably a fluke, but you might want to consider changing passwords for any sensitive accounts. Too often we get in the habit of using the same couple of passwords for everything, so we really don't have the password security we expect. Any site you use that password for has the means to "know" it, and whether they will share it or not....that's a matter of trust.
Johanna

RyanHess

RyanHess

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
thanks, i use the same password for everything (including this!) so its gonna be quite a job!