Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU Usage constantly at 100%

• Please log in to reply

landa321

landa321

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
I have had this problem for about a month after I cleared a bunch of Malware problems. I installed a few programs after that to prevent any future Malware attacks.

Right now, I have only IE open and it is at 100%. Sometimes when it goes down, if I go to a new website, it will go right back up to 100% and freeze me. Right now, though, it's not moving from 100%.

On a side note, around the same time that this problem started to happen, some of my mpegs stopped working. They won't play in Windows Media Player or any other program. I tried playing on with Divx and the CPU Usage went to 100% and it has stayed there, even after I closed Divx. Some of my mpegs work and some don't. I am only mentioning this in the case that the problem is related. An expert would know better than me. By the way, the error I get when trying to play mpegs with WMP is: 0xC00D1199: Cannot play the file

In any case, this 100% CPU Usage is killing me. I don't know if I should post a Hijack This log. Just in case, here it is: (thanks iin advance!)

edit: attach HJT log

Attached Files

Edited by wannabe1, 13 August 2006 - 06:30 PM.

Advertisements

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Take this to the proper section.

Malware Removal HiJackThis Section

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
actually most of the processes look normal except for 2, doubt he has spyware...

however in the processes in task mamager have you sorted the list by cpu usage, to possibly see what is using so much cpu?? if you can find that process perhaps we can do a quick search on it, see if its had a known issue before.

landa321

landa321

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
yeah, thanks for that HPDV8315LOVER-

but, my post is clearly not about Malware.

AitrusSkyy, I don't have many things taking up that much. When I get home later I will post again.

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
Ok, ill check up when you post again. Also check and make sure your computer has good circulation with air and the fan is working... sometimes if things overheat they can not work correctly...

my guess is though there is a single process that is causing the issue, if I know which one, I may be able to walk you through a fix.

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
Upon a better review and lil research of those 2 processes that seems unfamiliar to me... I think I may have found something to help you, or something that "may" be the issue...

its related to that process you have running called

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lvhidsvc.exe

Its not spyware, its part of some tv software or something

lvhidsvc.exe file information
The process TV Remote HID Service or Lifeview ® TV Remote HID Service belongs to the software TV Card or Lifeview ® TV Card by Philips (www.philips.com) or Animation Technologies Inc (www.lifeview.com.tw).

And take a look at the first 10 user reviews on this process...

User Comments
Hogs the CPU at Startup & slows everything down
Jack Lochrie

It blocks my computer since it uses almost 100% of CPU
Claudio Valente

Mercury TV card, driver but is causing high cpu when using grahic intensive games
Eddie Malcolmson

99% CPU usage, turned up unexpectedly one day on my PC - suspected virus/trojan, comments?
APBCX

my cpu is very slow it works at 100% and internet sometimes crash
no te importa

99% of CPU and explorer crash, I put it into the windvr folder, so I can restore it if I need it again
Guybrush Threepwood

dont no much about it only it was useing all my comp usage upso ive turned it off in task manager and it seems to of worked
mark

tv card ware. Takes 99% CPU resources. slows machine
brian

Remote Control receiver will not be functional without this service running, if you have a Philips based TV card
Per

very often crashes on system startup (read from illegal memory address)
kaen

(Anti Plagiarism) User reviews and commenta quoted from... http://www.file.net/...hidsvc.exe.html

Edited by AitrusSkyy, 13 August 2006 - 05:53 PM.

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
From the lifeview site I found this...

A04 My remote control uses too much CPU Power
We received feedbacks from end-users that the Remote Control Service uses too much CPU Power, in the Task-manager the process !ˇ±lvhidsvc.exe!ˇL reaches up to 99%. If you have the same symptoms, please download from our driver section a patch file for the remote control, which corrects this problem.
FlyTV Prime
FlyTV Platinum

for the prime the update is here... http://www.lifeview....e_3x_series.htm

for the platinum
http://www.lifeview....tv_platinum.htm

I would uninstall your shiz, download both the application and driver package for whichever of those you have.

Install the drivers first, then application...

Both of the driver updates for either product were released this year 2006/05/29 and they say this fixes the issue. Good luck and let me know :whistling:

landa321

landa321

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Here are the processes taking up the most mem usage-

explorer.exe - 27,272k
svchost.exe - 25,812k
iexplore.exe - 19,244k
SiteAdv.exe - 7,964k
avgamsvr.exe - 5,968k
guard.exe - 5,888k

three more svchost.exe running at 5,000+ k
two more svchost.exe running at 4,000+ k

lvhidsvc.exe only running at 1,400k

i will follow your instructions tomorrow. was out and it's late. thanks for your help. i will post back tomorrow.

landa321

landa321

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
hey there,

upon further review, i do not have either the prime or the platinum. i have the "Tv Tuner Card 7130"
It looks like it's made by the same company. the user manual looks almost identical.

I noticed that the prime is 3.25, the platinum is 3.23... mine is 3.20
i am not sure if i should install either of these?

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
let me see what I can find on that card you have, dont try installing anything yet... ill find the drivers for your card... just wait a bit

Advertisements

landa321

landa321

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
i uninstalled all the drivers/software for my card and i still have the problem

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Memory Loss

WinXP Unload DLLs: Go to Start - Run - type in "REGEDIT" without quotes and press enter. The Registry Editor opens up. Now use the lefthand explorer pane to find this key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" Still in the lefthand pane, right click on the Explorer folder and choose "New - KEY". Give it a name of "AlwaysUnloadDLL" (without quotes and capital letters are important). Inside that key change the default string to 1 and close regedit and reboot.

This tweak is perfect for low resource systems. The drawback of using this is a very small slowdown in the initial opening of programs,

see if that works

landa321

landa321

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
AlwaysUnloadDLL was already there...

problem still exists.

when you say, low system resources, what do you mean?
do i need more RAM?

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
I might be headed in the wrong direction, but this has helped several people who have had 100% CPU, which was apparently from a corrupt or full index.dat. In any case, the worst that could happen is your computer would be cleaner. :whistling:

Download CCleaner from http://www.snapfiles...t/ccleaner.html
  • Install it. Then start the program.
  • In the area designated as "Cleaner Settings", Make sure the Windows tab is the selected tab.
  • Under the category of "Internet Explorer", UNcheck all boxes except for the first two boxes (Temporary Internet Files and Cookies) and the box called Delete Index.dat files.
  • UNcheck the box next to the category called "Windows Explorer."
  • Under the category of "System", UNcheck Empty Recycle Bin.
  • At the top, click on the tab that says Applications.
  • UNcheck EVERYTHING! If there is a category called "Firefox", then leave the Cookies option checked.
  • Now click on Analyze. When it is done analyzing (it could take several minutes since this is your first time using ccleaner), click on Run Cleaner.
After it is done deleting the junk files, including index.dat, restart your computer. After it has restarted, see if the problem still occurs.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
go start...run...type in .........msconfig.... click start up tab......disable any program that requires updating at startup....like norton etc....or disable them all ....then restart.....go back to safemode...tick one at a time .restart...do this to each one until you notice which one is using your resources....

you can check your task bar Ctrl..Alt..and >>>delete

do you have real time player......look for this in task bar under process..\realsched.exe...end process ....it real time uses lots of memory

Edited by rushin1nd, 20 August 2006 - 12:58 AM.