Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File blocked from downloading

• Please log in to reply

Candahar

Candahar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I can download a certain bank's web site ok, but when I try to download an item from the website the following message is shown ------- Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer. I then click the options and click to download and save the file to My Docs. Then I cannot open the file from My Docs. The file has a bs extention. Can anyone help me on this?

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Did this used to work and now it doesn't? What file extension did it used to choose by default to save in? Are you running IE 6 or 7? Is this a true download or are you trying to "save this as"?
Johanna

Candahar

Candahar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I had to get a new hard drive , but befire this could download sucessfully. Now after downloading this page, and wanting to download info off this page, it give me an option to download file. It aked - do you want to download this file. (it says unknown file type) Then give me an option just to save. I say yes and save to My Docs. Then I can't open there. How do I find out IE 6 or 7?