Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstallation Problems

• Please log in to reply

Rob06

Rob06

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
For some reason, I am no table to uninstall battlefield 2, everytime i go to the uninstaller, it starts up then just shuts down after it loads. Then i try to reinstall it but the installer loads and then it just closes, please help.

Advertisements

Rob06

Rob06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
bump

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
where did you get the game to install it? was it purchased?

have you tried uninstalling in safe mode?
While starting your computer tap the F8 key once every second during the memory count up, or during the system spash screen where you see the system maker's name (HP, COMPAQ, DELL....etc.)

This will result in a text based menu. Use the curors/arrorw keys to navigate to SAFE MODE and hit enter.

Does the problem recur in safe mode?

Rob06

Rob06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
i bought the game from best buy

Rob06

Rob06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
i just tried uninstalling it in safe mode and it did the same thing, still doesnt work. i would also like to point out that when i put the dvd in the drive and the autoplay feature starts, the menu doesnt let you to play the game but only install it, and when i try that, the installer starts up and just shuts down, like the uninstaller

Rob06

Rob06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
i figured it out, i went on the ea website and did a manual install and after that, i could install it fine and it works fine, thanks for the input

jonakin

jonakin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Go to control panel, add or remove programs and then try to find the game.

Rob06

Rob06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
that's what i was trying to do originally