Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

svchost.exe error after which internet gets dc

• Please log in to reply

kanak

kanak

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello guys,
for the past 2 days iv been having this problem.
during my net is connected suddenly this svchost.exe error pops up and as soon as i click on "ok" or "cancel" the blue glow of the 2 little boxes which indicate the KB flowing vanishes but the boxes stay in the right bottom tab area... and though it gets disconnected it doesnt show that....
its freakish

oh after that i log off and log in again
the net connection becomes ok but sometimes the volume tab stops functioning

plz :whistling:

Advertisements

kanak

kanak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
can plz somebody help ASAP?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi kanak...

This appears to be a new issue that's appearing with more and more frequency. We're trying to figure out what's going on.

Would you look to see if you have Windows Update 918899 installed? To do this, open Control Panel and double click on Add or Remove Programs. Tick the box at the top to "Show Updates". Scroll to the updates in the installed applications list and look for 918899...it should be near the bottom of the updates. If it's there, when was it installed?

wannabe1

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
Please...only Geeks to Go Malware Staff are allowed to give malware advice.

Edited by wannabe1, 13 August 2006 - 05:59 PM.

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
umm that wasnt malware, its a virus, and symantec displays everything on that page on how and what to do.... oh well...

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi kanak...

Download and install This Security Update from Microsoft. Let us know if it resolves the problem.

wannabe1

kanak

kanak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hey wannabe1,
i dont hav any windows updated 918899, i checked...
and i did install the security installation u told me to do... havent noticed the svchost error yet... although its very early to say anything!! :blink:

oh btw... another problem cropped up yesterday... i hav been using limewire for quite sometime,..... but havent used it as much as iv been using for the past 2 months (when i realized i cud watch my fav tv shows that are not telecast anymore!! :woot: )
anyways... the problem was that even though i havent set my limewire to start at system start up or as soon i go online... yesterday night it started on its own (like a ghost!!!) and when i closed it, it started again!!!!!!! :)

due to this... i uninstalled the whole program :help: .... with a heavy heart of course!!!

can u tell me what the problem was?? :whistling:

thanx a lot in advance :woot:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
how bout posting a hi jack log no ones looking malware just un need stuff

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
you did not uninstall limewire

check your search go start >>>>search >>>>look for limewire

you see green icon limewire it should be 80kbs

thats where your cookies are coming in it slows yor computerif you wanna block these then do the following go to your tools at the top of your page click on tools then internet options
then security >>click on restricted sites>>>add then type in
http://www.limewire.com/ afer close

good nite to everyone[b]

your still recieving lime cookies and thats slowing you down

edit: removed a bunch of blank space for easier viewing

Edited by wannabe1, 15 August 2006 - 12:05 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
rushin1nd is right about the limewire...you're really better off without it. Limewire can load your machine up with a ton of "greyware" that could be having your machine doing just about anything. Heavy heart...healthy computer.

Don't post a HiJackThis log here, though, unless asked to do so by a Staff member. We prefer those only be posted in the Malware Forum. However, as you have had limewire installed and used it, I would recommend taking a trip through the Malware Forum. Follow the instructions on the page from the link and then post a log in THAT forum for the experts to look at. That's a busy place, be patient...a two or three day wait for a reply is not unusual.

Let me know if that svchost error crops up again.

Edited by wannabe1, 15 August 2006 - 12:21 AM.