Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Error

• Please log in to reply

GdSmck78

GdSmck78

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Good Evening, I will be trying some of these out as well. I started getting this error yesterday as well out of the blue...I've tried all kind of spyware/adware/virus/pcfixits you name it, still get it. I've noticed to happen more if not only when I turn off my Virus protection when I surf...Not sure yet if it only happens when its off or not...However 2 days ago it didn't do it at all...? Driving me nuts

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you look through the system restore points to see what was installed and when?

DirePenguin

DirePenguin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Aside from the Windows Update in this thread, the most recent install was on July 26th, when I installed Dawn of War and an unsigned driver, Xbox Audio Driver 0.2.

Edit: Installed and ran ewido, deleted seven tracking cookies.

Edited by DirePenguin, 14 August 2006 - 12:28 AM.

Sherry718

Sherry718

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Hi, I've been having the same problem. It started late Sat night. I don't know if it's connected but I only seem to get this message when my DSL goes down and I'm forced to switch to Earthlink dialup. Interestingly, if I use AOL as an ISP or my DSL decides to work I don't get the message. I installed the Microsoft patch, I disabled the WIA and neither option worked. And then, to add insult to injury, I got the same message on my other laptop! Infuriating!

DirePenguin

DirePenguin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
The fix found at http://www.microsoft...n/MS06-040.mspx seems to work. No problems so far.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for the link