Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Converting Lotus Notes Contacts

• Please log in to reply

thehum

thehum

• Pip
  • 3 posts
A good friend recently left his employer where he used Lotus Notes for email and contacts for many years. IT handed him a CD with a names.nsf file and address.wk3 file. Neither of us have any access to Lotus Notes any more and I would like to import these contacts into outlook.

Here's what I've tried so far.
1. The address.wk3 file is the database file with all the contacts. I am able to open it in excel where I can then export to a .csv and import to outlook but not without problems. The database is arranged in a way where if a person entered has multiple phone numbers there will be multiple rows for that person in the column where the phone numbers are. In the name column where the second or third row is will just be a blank space. When Outlook reads this it sees the blank space under the name as its own name instead of attached to the name above the blanks, so when importing to outlook I get hundreds of blank names with phone numbers.

I'm looking for a way to either fix this problem or to just convert the file to a pst or workable csv. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well you need something like NotescontactExtractor http://www.softforal...tor06060493.htm

almost all the sites i've found talking about this recomend this program. If you have a lot of contacts then i would say thats the way to go. The address.wk3 file was probably an export from notes. The only thing you can do is figure out what colums map to in outlook and arrange the information to suit outlook.

thehum

thehum

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks but this app requires Lotus Client to be installed which I do not have. Is there any other way?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
did they provide you with a *.id file?

scratch that thought. I just checked and they don't provide Notes as a trial download. Looks like you only have to options.

1)manually edit the fields so outlook and import them properly.

2)manually imput the information into outlook.