Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SUPER UTILITIES: IS IT A BUG?

• Please log in to reply

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
:whistling: I now have the licensemanager.exe trojan looked after. Still don't know how it got there.

Yesterday, I got another message just as I was shutting down...that a "Super Utilities" action was unable to complete...then it flashed to poof!

I immediately thought of my previous experience with licensemanager.exe, and went on a hunt for a solution.

There was absolutely nothing in my system referring to this action. Mmmmm... so what's up? :blink:

Advertisements

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
Malware advice removed

Only Malware Staff are allowed to give Malware advice at Geeks to Go.

Edited by wannabe1, 13 August 2006 - 06:22 PM.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
AitrusSkyy, if malware is suspected, you MUST direct the user to the Start Here at the top of our website. You are NOT allowed to give your own advice (including what anti-malware program to download) unless you go through GeekU training!!

b1caez01, please follow all the directions found here. After you get to step 5, if your problem is not resolved, post a HijackThis log in the Malware forum. If your problem persists after getting a clean bill of health from a malware expert, return here and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Keep in mind, the malware forum is very busy and can take up to 5 days to receive a reply. There is a special forum called The Waiting Room if you've been waiting for 3 or more days. You can put a link to your topic & a short description of your problem and someone will get with you soon.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 13 August 2006 - 06:02 PM.

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
I need to train to be a geek?? Come on man I get that rep for just looking at a monitor :whistling:....

No really, I apologize, im not trying to tell him how to remove or even diagnose really, im just wanting to see if he finds anything out of that... Most programs that are made for anispyware are self explainatory and can tell you what to do and how better than anyone can.

In anycase, I apologize, must respect the authorities of this forum...

So where do I go to get my official geek license other than the eye doctor?

Edited by AitrusSkyy, 13 August 2006 - 06:07 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts

So where do I go to get my official geek license other than the eye doctor?

Join Geek U...they's love to have you helping them!