Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

saving a movie file with windows movie maker

• Please log in to reply

kadawes

kadawes

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Any help would be greatly appreciated with this topic. I have recorded a 30 second video using my digital camera. When I upload it to my pc the only file it will save as is a .mov file. In order to open this file with windows movie maker I have to revert the uploaded file to a .avi file. This has proven not be be a problem. The problem arises when I edit the clip using movie maker and try to resave the file. I get an error message as follows: "Windows movie maker cannot save the movie to the specified location. Verify that the original source files used in your movie are still available, that the saving location is still available, and that there is enough free disk space available, and then try again" I have checked all of these and they seem to be correct. Why am I having trouble saving a file?

Thanks for the help!!!!

Edited by kadawes, 13 August 2006 - 05:52 PM.

Advertisements