Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

im a mess and new at this configuring

• Please log in to reply

grassi

grassi

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
:blink: im trying to configure computer for best performance. I play an online multiplayer game which uses fps, frames per second. Im trying to increase my fps by configuring my computer so that it runs top notch. :whistling: I have been told to do screen refresh rate which i did and set it to 100, after making sure the box was checked hide all the modes your monitor can't display so i don't wreck it. Also I was told to go start>control panel>system>advanced tab then under performance click settings, i come to a screen called performance options, in there i have 4 options: let windows choose whats best for computer; adjust for best appearance; adjust for best performance; and custom. i was told here to have box checked for best performance which i have, are there any other places to configure my computer, Im new at this computer stuff, :help: and both these places ive been were set up wrong to begin with, I guess i never really did anything configure wise or set up wise. so its a good thing i was told about those tweaks/configure. As they have enhanced my fps on my game. I guess basically i need help with the basics to setting up my computer, so it is configured properly. I have recently had an upgrade 1GB added. which im not sure if i installed it ok. but computer does recognize it. But i took out the original mem. card and replaced it ith 1gb and took the originall and put it in the other slot, so i switched slots? my computer is a735w Hp vx74 17. in CRT monitor. Thank you for your time and your view. MUCH appreciated.

Edited by grassi, 13 August 2006 - 06:29 PM.

Advertisements