Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Shrink error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

vinasg

vinasg

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I am trying to copy a DVD movie on to a mini sd dsik to see how it would run on my MPEG4 enabled LG phone.
I loaded the DVD on the drive and started DVD shrink. I was trying to use DVD shrink to copy the DVD movie on a HD and then convert it to MPEG4 using another converter. DVD Shrink recongnizes the DVDdrive, starts the 'analyzing' phase but in about 2 min (2% analysis completed) it errors out. (Error - DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file D:/, Cyclic redundancy check)
I cant figure out what it is. Can someone help?
Thank you.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
by hd to you mean hard drive or high def? acronym is used for both and makes a huge difference.

while waiting for the reply I am going to go and ponder the answer..... how much storage does the phone have?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
That's generally an error you receive when trying to rip a copy-protected DVD.

DVDShrink has been found illegal, and we can't help you to copy a protected DVD, so I think this topic is done.

vinasg

vinasg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Starjax: HD is hard drive. I am trying to copy it to my Hard drive and then load it on mini SD card. The mini SD card can be 1G.
Admin: It is my own DVD that I am trying to convert to test on my mini SD card and phone. Not surew why that is illegal.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
It violates DMCA. Unfortunately it is against our terms of service at G2G. We have no way to verify what you say is true.