Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Generic Win host 32 errors only when Internet is active

• Please log in to reply

GdSmck78

GdSmck78

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Well, What Can I say, Ive seen a few post about this already...no luck it seems. Anyway, my problems started yesterday...like everyones out of the blue. When I log on my ISP (Dial-Up) anywhere from 10-45 (If Im lucky) goes by, then that error message pops up "Generic win host32..." As like the others, I can't log off or on w/o rebooting my system...Can't even surf (Even though it shows Im still logged)

Like I mentioned, it started yesterday...Didn't visit any unknown sites, Haven't installed anything, no updates...It just showed up. I did notice however that It doesn't seem to do it when I have Zone Alarms running in the background...however I never even had it active before and never got this problem...I have the Windows update, Ive downloaded adaware,pcdoc and used my ZoneAlarm software, still no luck....

Running Xp SP2
Dial Up
Pent 4 3.0
No HP hardware installed let alone owned...

Any Help would be much appreciated....

(Makes ya wonder since alot are getting this problem suddenly?)

Thanks
-Jason

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi GdSmck78...

Download and install This Security Update from Microsoft. Let us know if it resolves the problem.

wannabe1

GdSmck78

GdSmck78

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Good Evening,

Thanks, I tried that one before finding these forums. Not sure what it is. I've read that try repairing from Windows CD "Could" fix the problem, have yet to try that....(Couldn't find it this morning) From my understanding, doesn't seem to be a virus/spyware...however i've done more "Testing" you could say, and I do know that it only happens when I do not have my virus/spyware protection on. Soon as I turn it off, within 5 minutes it will kick over with the error...

Thanks for your help...Hopefully a solution will be found...Like you mentioned...this error seems to be spreading very quickly...

Thanks again!