Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error, can you help

• Please log in to reply

kgvanhorn

kgvanhorn

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I get this error on every boot up. To the best of my knoweldge I have not deleted anything. Can anyone help me get rid of this thing.

Attached Thumbnails

• Karla__s_error.JPG

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there kgvanhorn, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

Goto:
> Start
> All Programs
> Accessories
> System Tools
> Disk Cleanup

Select "(C:)" drive and click "OK". Once it has been completed restart your system and let me know if there is any difference.

Cool :whistling:

kgvanhorn

kgvanhorn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Disk cleanup didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Karla

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey again kgvanhorn.

It is a startup entry that keeps making this problem so I am going to ask you to post a hijackthis log at the same time the staff can make sure that you are not infected with malware. So follow all the steps, once you have done that also let the staff know about this problem, so they can look into the problem (Maybe you can direct them to this thread)

So please read this: Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log (Click on the link)

That will give you steps that will help you clean up 70% of the problems yourself. Then please download "Hijackthis" and run Hijackthis with log. Save the log file here: Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here

When you have followed all these steps. A Geeks To Go Staff Member will help you fix your problem.

(Note: Please be patient, the "Malware Forum" is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual.)

Thank you and goodluck. :whistling:

kgvanhorn

kgvanhorn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I ran the hijack this and posted the file in the link from your last post. I saw the error in the file but still have no idea what it means.

Karla

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Great! Now all you have to do is be patient and wait until a GTG staff memeber takes a look at your log and then we can carry on.

I already see the problem in the hijackthis log, but let the experts take care of it... I will keep tabs on your topic.

kgvanhorn

kgvanhorn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
How long does it take to get a reply on a high jack log?

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there kgvanhorn. I am so sorry for the long wait... I have notified the staff of the your long wait and they should get get back to you soon.

Sorry once again, the malware forum is very bussy and logs can sometimes be over looked.

Here is the waiting room thread:
http://www.geekstogo...ly-t128907.html