Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Java [bleep]

• Please log in to reply

sally1

sally1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everybody,

I'm having a problem running an applet.

It's for a share trading platform.

I wait for it to load and it takes ages. A message reading Applet jclient / LoginFrame started appears in the bottom left of the screen. It then asks me to verify a security certificate which I do and then it takes ages again and I get the message: Fatal error: one of the following jar files is missing from the classpath pluginsupport.jar. Please make sure you run the application from the shortcut that was installed on your desktop or on the Start menu when you upgraded. This program will now terminate.

Which it duly does! The Java sun turns into a small grey box.
But I don't have Java on my start menu or on my desktop, except to install. I've tried it with no firewall. And I have the new version of java runtime.

I hope you can help me as I don't know a lot about computers and I've spent about 5 hours this morning trying to muddle through various forums in search of an answer. But to no avail!! And I'm going to break for lunch now before I throw the monitor out the window :whistling:

Many thanks,

Sally in Dublin

Advertisements