Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

general questions

• Please log in to reply

hal_jordan

hal_jordan

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello, all! I have a couple of general questions:

1 - On each PC i my house, I have an admin account (password protected) and a restricted account (no PW). My wife and son use the family accounts (restricted). I map a drive while in admin mode, and when I switch back to the family accout that drive (nor the printer I setup) can be found.
What am I doing wrong?

2 - Also, I have Cybersitter on all the PC's. on one a disable it as admin, on another it will not disable (I use msconfig and un check whil in admin mode) even tried deactivating it, but when I reboot, it loads (in admin mode).
How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance

1 - I think I figured a work around; change the restricted to unrestricted, make the changes (map the drives, add shared printer) then change it back again to restricted.....seems like a long work around, any other ideas?

Hmmm....answering my own question; I need to have the restricted account named the same name on both (or more) pc's. I setup a share using and admin account, and on that PC there is a restricted account named 'family'. On the laptop that is trying to access that shared, the restricted account is named 'Tim'. No go.
I must make all my admin accounts the same name (well, not really) and all the restricted accounts the same name.

Edited by hal_jordan, 15 August 2006 - 06:45 PM.

Advertisements