Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

United Offensive Error Box HELP ME!

• Please log in to reply

Kelly Kapowski

Kelly Kapowski

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok Here's the deal..

This is what happens.......

First I join a server. It downloads. Then, once it finishes downloading, a box appears that reads as follows:

Error:

Unpure client detected. Invalid .PK3 files
referenced!

c:\program files\call of duty\main__CoDam_HamGoodies_Cod1.1__. c5aae451.pk3

Well...I don't think that that's exactly it. But hopefully you get the idea..
Now let me say that I have absolutely no idea how to fix this or what a .PK3 file is...or what the heck HamGoodies means for that matter. Just that I really wanna play but this comes up every time. PLEASE HELP! Thanks so much!

mary *aka* Kelly Kapowski :help: :whistling: :blink:

Edited by Kelly Kapowski, 14 August 2006 - 11:45 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
not sure but...i've found a few references to this meaning that you've got a modded version of the game and that you're trying to join a server that doesn't allow modding (not uncommon) which would suggest taht the ":\program files\call of duty\main__CoDam_HamGoodies_Cod1.1__. c5aae451.pk3" is a mod file (makes sense) in theory you could just delete that file and you should be fine...but i can't be sure of that

where did you get the game?

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://oregano.ziane....olf141_fix.zip

try that it may help with your pk3 files

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
rushin... fix your link...comes up as a 404

Kelly Kapowski

Kelly Kapowski

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok well thanks for your help but unfortunately i have NO idea how to go about doing any of the stuff you said :whistling: hopefully you or someone else can help me out. kthanks. oh and i'm not too sure where i bought this (it's actually my brother's) i'm thinking circuit city though....it was about a year and a half ago

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://oregano.ziane...Wolf141_fix.zip

ok hope that one works better

Kelly Kapowski

Kelly Kapowski

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hmm not to sure how to get into that link...i mean i clicked on it but i have to download something..and uh lets just say i might not be toooo computer savvy hahah nah i'm usually good :whistling:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://oregano.ziane...Wolf141_fix.zip

that link will download a patch to fix this problem. There should be a Read Me included

but the error message is pretty easy. The server you're trying to connect to only allows clients with absolutly no mods whatsoever. No maps, nothin. Just the original game files. When you first join, the server asks what pk3 files you've got installed, and if your client tells the server it has anything but what is allowed, it just boots you back off.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
kelly your signature image is way too big...we've got a file size limit of 16k here...could you find a smaller image?