Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

random restarts...can't use Spyware doctor

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
So i noticed a small lag in my computers performance and i realized it'd been a week or two since the last set of scans...so i did my search and destroy, the avg scan...took care of some minor things and then i moved onto spyware doctor...double click...and bam...system restart.
I went to sleepa nd forgot about it and tried tackling it today. Everytime i try to use spyware doctor...i get a restart. So i thought...lets try REdownloading spyware doctor...my comp froze solid...and on restart (or attempted restart) i got a flashing power light and a repeated long beep. the only way i got it restarted was with morse code on the restart button. So...any takers to helping me attack this problem? please?

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi silentquff.
Please go to malware forum and follow the instructions at the top
Specially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of
all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having
difficulty and you may not be
Then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.
Please be patient it may take some time before they get to you.